Reporting to: Head Chef
Overall Job Purpose
This is mainly a training role, the job holder will work in all areas of the kitchen under supervision and will learn a range of skills and tasks.
- Customer Focus
- Work closely with the team to deliver the highest possible standard of service to guests.
- Put the “customer first” at all times.
- Respect other members of the team.
- Be flexible and willing to work in all areas of the kitchen.
- Work in any area of the kitchen as requested.
- Carry out food preparation in any area – as requested.
- Ensure that all work areas are kept clean, tidy and rubbish free at all times.
- Use equipment as shown, safely and in accordance with health and safety procedures.
- Know and understand fire, health, safety and food hygiene requirements and procedures.
- Report anything that is faulty, damaged or which could cause a hazard either to colleagues or customers.
Key Performance Measures:
- Attendance and time-keeping
- Consistent achievement of food preparation standards
- Guest comments/feedback
- Relationships with other members of staff
- Be willing to undertake training and/or to work towards a formal qualification
- Attain a basic food hygiene certificate
- Wear a uniform
- Be able to work flexibly – working shifts, weekends and bank holidays
- Be willing to cover in other hotels within the group
The job holder may also, from time to time, be asked to undertake other tasks and responsibilities which are not listed in this job description but which are commensurate with the post.