F & B Assistant
Reporting to: Restaurant Manager
Responsible for: Nil
Overall Job Purpose
To provide courteous, efficient and knowledgeable service at all times. To ensure that presentation and cleaning standards are achieved and maintained.
- Customer Focus
- Ensure that all customers and guests are acknowledged on arrival in a friendly and polite manner.
- Keep product knowledge up-to-date, know the daily specials, seasonal and local dishes.
- Know who is waiting to be served and ensure that people are served in turn and that they are not kept waiting.
- Be able to tell customers about the content of each menu choice.
- Know which drinks are available
- Know how to serve drinks correctly ie: the right glass, presentation, mixers.
- Take orders accurately
- Offer customers accompaniments
- Keep the restaurant and bar areas clean and tidy at all times
- Clean and polish crockery, glassware and silverware.
- Ensure that restaurant tables are laid out correctly
- Replenish condiments.
- Replace dirty table linen
- Carry out room, terrace and lounge service as required.
- Clear away any spillages as soon as they occur.
- Front and face bar stocks and glassware.
- Stock rotation
- Carry out all procedures in accordance with company standards and the procedures manuals.
- Adhere to all health and safety and fire prevention procedures.
Report any stock shortages, customer requests/special needs and suggestions to the manager.
Key Performance Measures:
- Guest comments/feedback
- Accuracy of orders
- Efficiency of service
- Wear a uniform
- Be able to work flexibly – working shifts, weekends and bank holidays
- Be willing to cover in other hotels within the group
The job holder may also, from time to time, be asked to undertake other tasks and responsibilities which are not listed in this job description but which are commensurate with the post.