Reporting to: Manager
Responsible for: Nil
Overall Job Purpose
To clean and service all general and guest rooms efficiently and to the highest possible standard at all times.
- Customer Focus
- Be friendly and polite to customers at all times.
- Offer assistance to guests and customers where appropriate.
- Ensure that the Head Housekeeper is aware of any special requirements.
- Always check vacated rooms for lost property and ensure that any lost items are handed in and recorded correctly.
- Clean, tidy and service guest bedrooms and general rooms in accordance with checklists and local standards.
- Replenish linen, toiletries and stationery in each room
- Change linen and towels as required.
- Thoroughly clean all floor and surface areas.
- Help to set up rooms for special events and functions if required.
- Report any faults or damage to the Head Housekeeper as soon as possible.
- Remove all dirty linen, rubbish etc from rooms, dispose of it correctly.
- Carry out accurate linen checks.
- Keep storage areas clean and tidy.
- Ensure that the correct procedures are followed at all times.
- Always follow health and safety procedures.
Key Performance Measures:
- Cleaning standards
- Guest comments/feedback
- Wear a uniform
- Be able to work flexibly – working shifts, weekends and bank holidays
- Be willing to cover in other hotels within the group
The job holder may also, from time to time, be asked to undertake other tasks and responsibilities which are not listed in this job description but which are commensurate with the post.