House Keeping Supervisor
Reporting to: House Keeping Manager
Responsible for: All Housekeeping Team Members
To manage and motivate the housekeeping team in The White Lion Hotel and to ensure that all general and guest rooms are presented and serviced to the highest possible standard at all times.
- Respond to guest and customer requests courteously and efficiently at all times.
- Check residents, arrivals/departures list every day.
- Make sure that any special requests/needs are responded to.
- Check un-let rooms from the previous night before 11 am.
- Make sure that all rooms are checked for lost property and that lost items are correctly recorded.
- Ensure that linen supplies are controlled. Check linen received; return any items that are not acceptable. Ensure that all paperwork is completed accurately and that invoices are sent to the Accounts department in line with departmental procedures and systems.
- Prepare reports for the Manager as and when required.
- Prepare orders for cleaning supplies and cleaning equipment.
- Ensure that all linen and cleaning supplies are correctly and safely stored.
- Ensure that linen and cleaning supplies are used appropriately and that wastage is kept to a minimum
- Ensure that any faults or damage is reported as soon as possible.
- Ensure that all operational procedures are followed correctly.
Key Performance Measures:
- Standard of cleaning throughout
- Understand the budgets that have been set and help maintain agreed budgetary figures.
- Guest comments/feedback
- Assist the Manager in employee retention, through communicating with the Manager with any concerns or ideas on how to improve employee retention.
- Wear a uniform
- Be able to work flexibly – working shifts, weekends and bank holidays
- Be willing to cover in other hotels within the group
The job holder may also, from time to time, be asked to undertake other tasks and responsibilities which are not listed in this job description but which are commensurate with the post.